Always

I ate it hard on a Tuesday morning
Blood in my eyes, splinters in the doorway
My hands were cold and my feet were stone
And the years looked pretty sad alone

I worried that we wouldn’t make it
While I was buying your first blanket
Your beating heart could not find rest
As this old pain beat through my chest

I walked about the streets at night
A body that had lost it's mind
Trying to remember He
He who had created me

Then, I feared what seemed so much
Paying bills; a human touch
I simply could not see
A path that pointed free

Then, at last, you were there
The brownest eyes, and jet-black hair
I reached out for you
You reached for me, too

Your small hand held mine
As I came alive
And then I prayed
And prayed, and prayed

That you would stay
For all my days
And be safe
And be brave

Be whole
Be loved
All
Ways.



Comments

  1. That is very moving and beautiful. Thank you for using such a gift of eloquence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your feedback, thank you!