Standing In The Rain




Standing In The Rain

I get louder when I’m nervous
I get mean when I am angry
Sometimes I feel like I can hardly breathe

I fall down when I’m alone
I cry when I’m at home
And never seem to do the things I should

I want to be a princess, but instead I’m just a dragon
I’m standing in the rain, it seems like no one followed me

I get tired when I am sad
I get sore when I don’t sleep
I hurt myself whenever I’m afraid

I scream when I am desperate
I can’t say what I don’t mean
And whenever I am dreaming, I am loved

I want to be a dancer, but instead I’m overweight
I’m standing in the rain, but it seems I’ve come too late

I feel old when I see mirrors
I am beaten by my fears
And always fail to show you who I am

I riot inside my mind
With my body on the line
And swallow back the panic I contain

I want to be a lover, but instead I am alone
I’m standing in the rain, but now I’ve got to go


Comments

  1. An honest voice screaming to deaf ears...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing is so beautiful. Brilliant, hilarious and also heartbreaking. Oh, and I think that you're quite the perfect catch and a beautiful woman with many, many good years in you.šŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your feedback, thank you!