The Bedroom Window


The Bedroom Window

I have left a bedroom window
In one hundred different lives
With anguish and lamenting
I have said my heart’s goodbyes

Looking through the light and glass
With the hope of ever keeping
For what I saw beyond the pane
I lost upon it’s reaching

But reach I would, and reach again
‘Til my bones let loose their hold
For I wanted all the magic
I saw outside my halls of gold

The waters were a storm of tears
While trees would paint the light
And somehow I forgot my fears
As the stars danced through the night

My eyes were heavy with the dark
At the dawn of each new day
But peering out the casement
The mists beckoned me away

With every life, a new sunrise
And a strange and distant view
But each the same, in it’s own way
A window full of morning dew



Comments